You may vote absentee if you are unable to go to the polls on Election Day because you...
- Are a student or the spouse of a student outside the City of Williamsburg
- Will be away from the City of Williamsburg on business
- Will be at your workplace for 11 or more hours between 6 am and 7 pm.
- Will be away from the City of Williamsburg on personal business or vacation
- Are unable to go to the polls because of illness or disability
- Are the primary caretaker of a confined family member
- Have a religious obligation
- Are confined awaiting trial are confined having been convicted of a misdemeanor
- Are an election official
- Are on active duty in the military
- Are the spouse or dependent residing with a member of the military
- Are an overseas citizen whose most recent United States residence was in the City of Williamsburg
Important! If you are in the armed services, a citizen residing or working overseas, or a dependent of such a voter, visit the Federal Voting Assistance page for absentee voting information.