The City of Williamsburg will begin its annual paving program Wednesday, May 12. This consists of milling and paving streets, or street segments, in several areas across the City. The schedule includes:
- Nicholson Street – Palace Green to Waller St.
- Prince George Street – Nassau St. to Palace Green
- Palace Green – Governor’s Palace to Duke of Gloucester St.
- Scotland Street – Palace Green to N. England St.
- North England Street – Colonial Parkway Access to Nicholson St.
- Queen Street – Nicholson St. to Francis St.
- Colonial Street – Nicholson St. to Francis St.
- Botetourt Street – Lafayette St. to Francis St.
- Crump Lane – S. Henry St. to S. Boundary St.
- John Tyler Lane – Berkeley Ln. to Jamestown Rd.
- Mount Vernon Avenue – Richmond Rd. to Garrison Ave.
- Lafayette Street – Richmond Rd. to merge west of Bacon Ave.
- Richmond Road – Monticello Ave. to Mount Vernon Ave.
- Patriot Lane – Richmond Rd. to cul-de-sac
- Piney Creek Estates – subdivision streets west of Patrick Henry Dr.
The full list of streets/street segments and work schedule can be found on the City’s website at williamsburgva.gov/paving. The website will be updated as information is received by the contractor and those updates will be posted on the City's social media pages. It is important to note that the schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions.
Motorists should be prepared for the following:
- Changing traffic patterns – expect single lane closures during road work.
- A reduction in speed in the work area.
- Uneven and rough pavement at times.
- Unmarked pavement.
- Residences and businesses in the paving area will be accessible except for a brief time when the asphalt is initially placed and compacted.
“No Parking” signs will be posted in the affected areas one day prior to the beginning of work.
The City is coordinating the paving program around events and schedules. The entire program is expected to be completed by June 30 at a cost of $514,444.25.
For more information, please visit the City’s website or call the Public Works Department, (757) 220-6140.