- Join WPD
- Parking Ambassador
Parking Ambassador Overview
The Williamsburg Police Department is seeking applicants for the position of Parking Ambassador. Duties and responsibilities include working in conjunction with the citizens and the community on resolving parking issues and enforcing the parking laws and ordinances of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the City of Williamsburg in a fair and impartial manner. Parking Ambassadors proactively make positive citizen contacts, providing parking assistance, giving recommendations, and answering questions. The ability to work schedules that include days, nights, and occasionally weekends or holidays is required. Work is regularly performed in an outside environment that includes various weather conditions and temperature extremes.
Completed applications can be submitted online or in-person at the Williamsburg Police Department. The applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on October 20, 2021. The Oral Review Board for the top candidates will be conducted on October 27 and 28, 2021. Those selected will be scheduled for a physical and other testing may be required between November 8 - 12, 2021.
The Parking Ambassador position is part-time with no benefits. Starting pay is $15.80 per hour.
Online job application for Parking Ambassador positions.
Parking Ambassador Applicant Contact Info Form (PDF)
Background Questionnaire (PDF)
Release Form (PDF)
- Monitor parking lots, garages and roadways for overtime violators,
- Assess parking problems and develops solutions for parking issues,
- Maintain parking and garage equipment and report for repairs,
- Assist customers in use of parking systems,
- Issues tickets for violations, obtain summons from Magistrate and testifies in court when necessary.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to testify in court,
- Ability to communicate utilizing a two-way radio system,
- Ability to deal with hostile situations,
- Ability to remain calm and de-escalate situations,
- Ability to operate small office equipment, including copy machines, multi-line telephone systems, and radios,
- Ability to operate computers for data entry, word processing and/or accounting purposes.
- Must be at least 18 and a US Citizen,
- High school diploma or GED equivalent,
- No felony, Class I or Class II misdemeanor convictions,
- No misdemeanor convictions involving drugs, moral turpitude or domestic violence,
- Valid Virginia Operators License with no convictions within the last 5 years resulting in suspension,
- No DWI, DUI, or DUID convictions in the last 5 years.
Professional Services BureauPhysical Address
425 Armistead Avenue
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Phone: (757) 220-2331Fax: (757) 259-7204Emergency Phone: 911
News & Information
The Williamsburg Police Department is currently hiring part-time Parking Ambassadors. Please apply online and complete the forms listed below.