Williamsburg Public Art Council
The Williamsburg Public Art Council (WPAC) advises City Council on the acquisition, donation, commission and/or funding of public art, the acceptance of gifts and loans of public art and the deaccession of public art from the City’s collection. In its inaugural year (2021-22), the WPAC will develop policies regarding the determination of artist qualifications, specific site attribution criteria, maintenance of public art, and develop a plan for the further implementation of a robust public art program.
At its February 2021 meeting, Williamsburg City Council adopted the Ordinance #21-01 and Resolution #21-03 to create the Public Art Council (PAC):
- Robert Currie (Chair), member at-large
- Patricia Rublein (Vice-Chair), Williamsburg Area Arts Commission
- Sarah Balascio (Secretary), member at-large
- Barbara Ramsey, City Council
- Pat Dent, City Council
- Harold Philipsen, Economic Development Authority
- Chris Caracci, Tourism Development Grant Review Committee
- Elaine McBeth, Planning Commission
- Scott Spence, Architectural Review Board
View WPAC meeting minutes and agendas here.
The WPAC is currently accepting applications for City-sponsored public art on private property. If you would like to request funding and approval from the City for public art on your property, please complete the online application.
If you have public art items that you would like to donate to the City's inventory, please contact us.
- WPAC By-Laws (approved July 26, 2021)
- Guidelines & Criteria for Public Art Submissions (approved July 26, 2021)
- WPAC takes an Inventory of existing public art
- WPAC acquires public input
- WPAC develops a Public Art Plan
- WPAC develops an application process