How the Salvation Army helps:
- Assistance with rent, utilities, and emergency housing on an as-needed basis.
- Fully stocked food pantry, open to anyone who is hungry.
- Two-year residential program, which provides intensive case management to qualified, motivated individuals. Applications are taken on a referral basis from James City County Social Services and the City of Williamsburg Social Services.
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
216 Ironbound Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Williamsburg House of Mercy provides quality compassionate human services to all people, especially the most vulnerable, regardless of faith. They provide a safe and welcoming environment for area homeless to find respite, receive services, and work toward ending their homelessness, and emergency assistance and supportive services to those struggling to maintain housing and regain stability.
Williamsburg House of Mercy envisions a community where no one will ever have to spend a night on the streets or in the woods because he or she cannot find or afford safe housing. They believe that safe, affordable housing, and a livable wage is a fundamental human right, and that every person, regardless of class, condition, color, gender, orientation or belief system was created to live a full, rich life.
If you are experiencing a housing crisis, please call the regional housing crisis hotline at 757-587-4202, or Toll Free at 866-750-4431.
Williamsburg House of Mercy
10 Harrison Avenue
Williamsburg, VA 23185
If you need help and live in the Williamsburg, James City County, or upper York County, call the United Way Community Resource Center (CRC). The CRC provides direct assistance and referrals to other organizations and agencies for those needing assistance with basic needs.
Services and programs provided:
- Self Sufficiency Screening
- Emergency Utility Assistance
- Eviction Prevention
- Basic Necessities (food, clothing, diapers, toiletries)
- Virginia Employment Commission Workforce Site
- Referrals to: Community Agencies, Faith Partners, Health Services, Emergency Shelter and Housing Services, Transitional and Supportive Housing Programs, Information about Programs and Resources, and Monthly Food Distribution
3e Restoration Mission:
To encourage, equip and empower faith communities to help transition neighbors living through homelessness and social displacement to holistic sufficiency.
3e Restoration Vision:
To break the cycle of homelessness and social displacement through gracious hospitality and systemic change one friend at a time.
About 3e Restoration, Inc:
3e Restoration is a 501/c/(3) nonprofit whose aim is to extend gracious hospitality among the socially displaced and to systematically change the cycle of poverty one friend at a time.
Contact 3e Restoration:
P.O. Box 340
Williamsburg, VA 23187