Quarterpath Recreation Center
1/6/2022 Update: Youth Basketball and Adult Basketball games and practices have been postponed. Buddy Basketball has been postponed. Thank you for your understanding.
8/10/2021 Update: Facemasks are required for all individuals entering the Quarterpath Recreation Center regardless of vaccination status. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Quarterpath Recreation Center is a 35,000 square foot facility providing both residents and non-residents with a wide array of recreational activities and amenities. Various instructional classes, athletic programs for youth and adults, sports camps, open gym times and special events are held throughout the year at this facility. The Quarterpath Recreation Center has 4 rooms available for rent for birthday parties, bridal and baby showers and corporate events. We offer two meeting rooms for rent for corporate meetings and training. Call (757) 259-3760 for more information and availability.
Open Gym Time
Our community is welcome to enjoy our gymnasium during open gym time. Practice your moves, meet your friends, prepare for leagues, and stay active at the Quarterpath Recreation Center. No reservations are necessary or accepted for open gym times. Courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
PICKLEBALL is a combination of tennis, badminton and ping pong It’s fast paced and easy to learn, great exercise and lots of fun! Balls are provided and paddles are available free of charge with daily fee.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
BASKETBALL. Join our open basketball games for a great workout or just to improve your skills. Open to all players & skill levels. Basketballs are provided (personal basketballs are not allowed).
* As of January 6, 2022 all Open Play Basketball has been postponed.
VOLLEYBALL. This drop-in program is fun and a great way to get some exercise and meet new people! Volleyballs are provided (personal volleyballs are not allowed).
OPEN PLAY HOURS*:
SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2022: NO OPEN PLAY
*open play hours subject to change.
The Williamsburg Walking Club is a FREE program that provides an excellent opportunity for individuals who want to exercise but do not want aerobics or may not be physically able to do other types of exercises. Walkers are encouraged to walk at their own pace in the comfort of the air conditioned/heated gymnasium.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
The City of Williamsburg owns and manages the Quarterpath Recreation Center located at 202 Quarterpath Road. Many areas of the recreation center are available for rent when not in use for scheduled programs/activities. They include the classrooms, gymnasiums, multi-purpose rooms, and dance/aerobic room. We offer a variety of rental spaces sure to accommodate most events and rental needs.
Our 35,000 sq. foot facility is perfect for your group or organizations next meeting, training or that special occasion! Food and refreshments are permitted; however, alcoholic beverages, smoking and animals are prohibited. The recreation center is handicap accessible and offers plenty of parking. For more rental information or details, or to check date and room availability, call (757) 259-3760.
Recreation Center Rentals for every occasion!
- Corporate Events and Meetings
- Sports Banquets
- Non-profit Meetings
- Family Reunions
- Baby / Bridal Showers
- Birthday Celebrations
- Gender Reveals
Meeting Room 1
This room would be ideal for small meetings.
Capacity: 12 people with chairs/tables and 15 people with theater seating.
Meeting Room 2
This room allows for classes, meetings and birthday parties. The room is equipped with a restroom, sink, cabinets, tables and chairs and counter space.
Capacity: 12 people with chairs/tables and 20 people with theater seating.
Multi-Purpose Room 1
The open design and the neo-shock flooring of the multi-purpose room allows for dance classes and other instructional classes such as Aerobics, TaeKwonDo, Tai Chi, and Yoga. The room is equipped with mirrors, bars, stereo system, and floor mats. The room is 1,700 square feet and has a capacity of 30 participants in an instructional program.
Multi-Purpose Room 2
The 1,900 square feet room is perfect for lecture style seating or in a banquet style set-up, depending on the configuration. Shock resistant flooring allows for exercise programs to be offered safely. The adjoining catering kitchen adds to the versatility of this room making it possible to hold receptions, dinners, or larger birthday parties. The kitchen offers a microwave oven, range, refrigerator, sink, ice maker and counter space suitable for warming of food for catering an event. The kitchen is available to users with permission of the Director of Parks and Recreation.
Capacity: 60 people with chairs/tables and 80 people with theater seating.
The 18,000 square foot gymnasium is available on a very limited schedule due to the numerous hours it is used for the Recreation Department’s activities. There are two full-size basketball courts that convert to four volleyball courts and is equipped with neo-shock flooring. Pickleball is also played in this gym on six courts.
Hours available for rentals
Monday – Friday
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Any hours other than the ones listed above would be classified as Premium Rate and would necessitate approval by the Director of Parks and Recreation or designee. The rates would be double the normal rate.
- Meeting Room 1 $15.00/hour
- Meeting Room 2 $25.00/hour
- Multi-Purpose 1 $50.00/hour
- Multi-Purpose 2 $50.00/hour
- Kitchen $15.00
- Gymnasium $50.00/hour/court
For Corporate Event Rentals Only
- AV Equipment $10.00
- Anyone wishing to rent a room must call the recreation center to confirm the date and complete the Reservation Agreement Form.
- Payment must be made in full to confirm the reservation.
- Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis with priority going to recreation programs.
- The Director of Parks and Recreation reserves the right to charge a refundable damage deposit of $100.00 if deemed that the circumstances so require.
- A complete list of policies and rules may be obtained at the receptionist desk
- User is responsible for all damages to the building or grounds occurring during use.
- User is responsible for enforcing law and order or obtaining at his/her own expense the aid of a Williamsburg Police Officer to do so.
- User must comply with all smoking, fire, alcoholic beverage, noise, and other lawful regulations.
- No pets or animals (with exception of service dogs).
- No loud music. Music should not be heard from outside the building after 10:00 p.m. when the City Noise Ordinance goes into effect.
- No smoking, vaping, smokeless tobacco or tobacco chewing in the building.
- No rice outside the building. No rice or birdseed inside the building.
- No open flames (that is, decorative candles on tables).
- No alcohol is allowed on the park property.
- No sale of items without the approval of the Director of Parks and Recreation.
- Use of tape or adhesives, nails, or tacks on doors, walls or ceilings is prohibited.