Williamsburg Neighborhood Relations Committee
The group meets once a month and more meetings are scheduled on an as-needed basis. The first 30 minutes of each meeting will be dedicated to neighborhood concerns. Anyone who would like to address the committee with a concern, please email the Williamsburg Neighborhood Relations Committee to arrange to attend the meeting.
- Sharon Marchelya - Neighborhood Representative
- Carolyn Murphy, Planning and Codes Compliance Director - City Representative
- Barbara Ramsey - Landlord Representative
- Parker Reynolds - Student Representative
- Richard Thompson, Associate Director - Office of Community Engagement - William & Mary Representative
The Neighborhood Relations Committee (NRC) was formed in 2009 by the City and the College of William & Mary, as the result of a White Paper on Town-Gown Relations developed by the City and College. Its mission is to monitor and encourage the contributions by various parties - city, college, students, neighbors, landlords - to improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods; and to build and maintain effective working relationships across the board.
Concerns / Questions
If you have any concerns or questions pertaining to your neighborhood, the Committee encourages you to email them.
Documents / Website
- Welcome Letter to Students (PDF) - From the Williamsburg Police Chief and the City's Codes Compliance Administrator.
- Parking Brochure (PDF) - Your guide to residential parking and the use of parking decals required in some neighborhoods.
- 2019 to 2020 Student Renters Guide (PDF) - A guide to help new residents learn the basics of house management and maintenance.
- Sample Lease Language for Noise (PDF) - Helpful language for landlords to consider in their rental agreements.
- Regulations on Increase for 3 to 4 Unrelated Persons (PDF) - The ordinance taken from the City Code regarding the number of people allowed in rental units.
- William & Mary Off-Campus Living Guide (PDF) - Published by the university, this guide is for those living or considering living off-campus.
- When and How to Call Guide (PDF) - Have a neighborhood issue or concern? Need to report a violation? This guide paves the way.
- Neighborhood Map (PDF) - This map identifies neighborhoods and notable locations throughout the City.
- Decal Parking Map (PDF) - This map shows, by color, where parking decals are required.
- Rental Inspections District Map (PDF)
- Whoseyourlandlord.com - This link takes you to a verified website that allows renters to rate their landlords, prospective renters to read those ratings, and landlords to share their references.
- Town-Gown White Paper (PDF) - Written in 2009 by the City and William & Mary to improve relationships and goodwill.