The City of Williamsburg and William & Mary have an excellent, longstanding relationship. We work closely together to continually find new ways to provide a safe and supportive environment for students, improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods, and to build and maintain effective working relationships across the board.
Below are a few resources to help students living in the City of Williamsburg.
Documents / Website
- Welcome Letter to Students (PDF) - From the Williamsburg Police Chief and the City's Codes Compliance Administrator.
- Parking Brochure (PDF) - Your guide to residential parking and the use of parking decals required in some neighborhoods.
- Student Renters Guide (PDF) - A guide to help new residents learn the basics of house management and maintenance.
- Sample Lease Language for Noise (PDF) - Helpful language for landlords to consider in their rental agreements.
- Regulations on Increase for 3 to 4 Unrelated Persons (PDF) - The ordinance taken from the City Code regarding the number of people allowed in rental units.
- William & Mary Off-Campus Living Guide (PDF) - Published by the university, this guide is for those living or considering living off-campus.
- When and How to Call Guide (PDF) - Have a neighborhood issue or concern? Need to report a violation? This guide paves the way.
- Neighborhood Map (PDF) - This map identifies neighborhoods and notable locations throughout the City.
- Decal Parking Map (PDF) - This map shows, by color, where parking decals are required.
- Rental Inspections District Map (PDF)
- Whoseyourlandlord.com - This link takes you to a verified website that allows renters to rate their landlords, prospective renters to read those ratings, and landlords to share their references.
- Town-Gown White Paper (PDF) - Written in 2009 by the City and William & Mary to improve relationships and goodwill.