Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals meets once a month on the first Tuesday of the month.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and minutes are available by clicking on the link below.
The Board of Zoning Appeals consists of five members appointed by City Council.
The Board of Zoning Appeals has the following powers and duties to hear and decide:
- Appeals from any decision of the Zoning Administrator
- Appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative officer in the administration or enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance
- Applications for special exceptions as outlined in the Zoning Ordinance
- Applications for interpretations of the official zoning map
- Variance requests - A variance is a reasonable deviation from provisions regulating the shape, size, or area of a lot or parcel of land or the size, height, area, bulk, or location of a building or structure when the strict application of the ordinance would unreasonably restrict the utilization of the property. The need for a variance would not be shared generally by other properties, and the variance cannot be contrary to the ordinance's purpose. It shall not include a change in use, which shall be accomplished by rezoning or conditional zoning.
Appeals from a Board of Zoning Appeals decision is to Circuit Court.
Short Term Rentals
Learn more about Short Term Rentals.