- News & Events
- Social Media
The Williamsburg Police Department's social media platforms are limited public forums. Therefore, inappropriate comments are subject to deletion by the administrators of these accounts. Our use of social media is intended to share information with our followers, highlight our events and activities, and open another line of communication with our residents.
This platform/forum is not monitored at all times. Do not use this forum to report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues. For emergencies dial 911, for non-emergency police services dial 757-220-2331.
The City of Williamsburg prohibits and reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
• Vulgar or obscene language.
• Defamatory or disparaging content.
• False, misleading or deceptive information or media.
• Personal attacks or threatening or harassing activity of any kind.
• Clearly off topic comments.
• Spam or links to other sites.
• Comments or content that constitutes, promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, genetics, pregnancy, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation.
• Any comment that advocates illegal activity.
• Promotion of particular services, commercial transactions, products, or political organization.
• Opposition or promotion of any person campaigning for election to a political office.
• Non-public information concerning securities or that constitutes insider-trading or forwarding looking statements.
• Infringement on copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses, or any other intellectual property.
• Personally identifiable or protected medical or personal information
• Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
• Comments that do not directly relate to the information or comments posted or displayed by the City of Williamsburg this site.
Neighbors by Ring
The Williamsburg Police Department has also partnered with Neighbors by Ring. Get real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors and local law enforcement. Always know when and where crime happens in your area, and share updates to keep you and your community safe. See more information on the Neighbors App.