WILLIAMSBURG - 3 LOCALITIES - 1 MAILING ADDRESS
If you have a Williamsburg, VA mailing address, your jurisdiction may be the City of Williamsburg, James City County, or York County.
Use our City of Williamsburg Property Information Map to determine if you live in the city limits of Williamsburg
The City has its own water source, treatment plant, and operates the distribution system. Residential water meters are read quarterly. Business water meters are read monthly. A water deposit is required.
To initiate or discontinue water service, complete the forms below or call 757-220-6188. Payment can be made by mail, in person, through an automatic monthly payment (ACH), or pay online at our e-Government page.
COVID-19 Municipal Utility Relief
The Municipal Utility Relief Program aims to help City of Williamsburg residents and small-business owners facing past-due water and sewer bills from March 1, 2020 through Oct. 31, 2021 due to COVID-19. The funds can only be used to provide direct assistance to customer accounts over 30 days in arrears during the covered period; however, the grant prioritizes assistance to customers with accounts more than 60 days in arrears.
This funding can be awarded more than once per household (for residential) or per account holder and their successors (for nonresidential). Disbursements will be made until the funds are depleted.
At this time all funds have been depleted, the City is no longer accepting applications.
Do you live in James City County? Call 757-253-6800 for questions about your water and sewer service and bills.
(Effective July 1, 2022)
- In City: $5.30 per 1,000 gallons
- Outside City: $6.36 per 1,000 gallon
(Effective July 1, 2022)
- City collects Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) (treatment) rate: $9.32 per 1,000 gallons
- No separate City sewer rate
- Residential (6,000 gallons or less)
- Inside City: $31.80
- Outside City: $38.16
- Commercial (5,000 gallons or less)
- Inside City: $26.50
- Outside City: $31.80
- Residential (3,000 gallons or less)
Inside City: $27
- Commercial (1,000 gallons or less)
Inside City: $9
- Disconnect Fee: $40
- Tampering with water meter (City Code section 19-29): $150
- Water-Sewer Application Form - Tenant (PDF)
Allot 1 business day for processing
Residential Owners or Businesses
- Water-Sewer Application Form - Residential Owners or Businesses (PDF)
- Water-Sewer Application - Residential Owners or Businesses (Electronic Form)
For Owner or Business only. Allot 1 business day for services to begin.
- Automatic Payment for Water Bill Application (PDF)
- Water Disconnection Request (Electronic Form)
Allot 1 business day for service to be discontinued.
Please mail completed forms to:
City of Williamsburg
401 Lafayette Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185